Biola Youth Academics Online
Online Homeschooling that is Academically Strong & Biblically Centered
Are you homeschooling your teen? How would you like to supplement their education with online courses from one of the most trusted names in evangelical higher education?
For over 15 years, Biola Youth Academics has served the homeschool community by offering academically rigorous and biblically centered courses for junior high and high school students, supplementing their learning with in-depth, college prep-level classes taught from an evangelical Christian perspective. This valuable resource now includes courses online, featuring:
- Star Academics Traditional Textbook Courses like Bible, SAT Prep, Music History and Appreciation and Advanced Track*, for grades 9-12.
- Torrey Academy Classically Informed Humanities Courses, modeled after Biola University’s nationally regarded Torrey Honors Institute, are designed to inspire and equip students to know truth, develop Godly sentiments and habits, and appreciate beauty by drawing on the great minds of the Western tradition, from Plato to C.S. Lewis.
- Real-time Learning Communities facilitated by live web sessions fostering community formation and providing challenging classroom opportunities in a Christian setting with a healthy and supportive environment for interaction with peers, instructors, tutors, and other families.
- Personal Attention: Instructors and tutors are ready and willing to answer course related questions and committed to helping your students succeed in their course completion during the week.
- The Latest Technology: Star Academics online courses utilize Blackboard, a leader in asynchronous course management systems. Torrey Academy online courses are conducted in real-time via Adobe Connect. The Torrey Academy Writing Lab and other course materials and resources are accessed through our custom built Torrey Academy Toolbox program.
- Flexibility and Accessibility: Experience the quality instruction and unique community of Biola Youth Academics whether at home, on the road, or anywhere an Internet connection is available via smart phone, tablet, laptop or personal computer anywhere in the world. Whether you’re in California, Canada, or South Korea, our online program is designed to fit your lifestyle and needs.
Enhance your student’s home-based education by tapping into the resources of a university with more than 100-year heritage of biblically centered, academically rigorous education.
*Advanced Track courses prepare students to take AP exams to earn college credit. AP is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse this website.